Instructions and assembly
- Cut along the length of the farmhouse bread slice (40 cm) to produce 11 strips, each 3.5 cm wide.
- Then cut along the length of these strips to produce 8 squares, each 3.5 x 3.5 cm.
- Using a 2 x 2 cm square pastry cutter, cut a square hole in the centre of every second bread square.
- Make the eggy bread mixture by beating together the whole eggs and the milk, salt and ground white pepper.
- Place the first whole bread square in a 3.5 x 3.5 cm cube-shaped silicon mould and add a little of the eggy bread mixture.
- Then add two of the bread squares with the centres cut out.
- Using a piping bag, fill the centre with Crème de Terroir Reblochon cream cheese and add a lardon.
- Cover with the second whole bread square and add eggy bread mixture until the cube is saturated.
- Allow 5 minutes for the bread to absorb the mixture and then place everything in the freezer.
- After freezing, turn out the cubes and bake as needed at 180 °C in a dry oven, for 10 minutes.
Try out the Lunch Cube with all the breads in our range, adapting the flavours of the filling for each one.
Use the pieces that you cut out (to make the square holes) to make little toast bites. Pipe on some goat’s cheese or pesto and add a cherry tomato segment…
You can serve your cubes with a green salad.